12 oz Chicken, cooked and torn 1 lb Chorizo sausage 6 oz Pearl Onions 2 cloves Garlic, finely chopped 1 1/2 tsp Mexican Oregano, regular will do 1 tbsp Chilpotle Peppers in Adobe Sauce, finely chopped 14 oz Tomato, diced 4 cups Swanson's Chicken broth 1 pinch Salt Ground Pepper, to taste 2 oz Monterey jack cheese, grated, optional
1. In your stock pot, brown the Chorizo sausage. Once the sausage is browned through, add your garlic, pearl onions, Chilpotle peppers. Keep moving until the onions start to brown in the sausage oils.
2. If you have not cooked your chicken, do so now. If you are using cooked chicken, add to the stock pot. Mix in. Add mexican oregano. Stir a few more minutes.
3. Add the 14 oz can of diced tomatoes, with juices in to the pot. Mix. Final step to the mix is adding of the broth.
4. Bring it all to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, leaving it for at least 30 minutes.
5. Serve over your favorite faux starch. That is not in the count of this recipe. Top with cheese is optional. *** You can put this on the Cauliflower mash or on a low carb rice. I prefer the mash or grated and steamed cauliflower. ______________________________________________________________________ Per Serving: 465 Calories; 29 g Fat; 10 g Sat Fat; 120 mg Cholesterol; 1855 mg Sodium; 8 g Carb; 2 g Fiber; 42 g Protein.
I would have added more chipotle peppers in adobe sauce but this was a family dish. It had a good flavor, but if you like heat, add a bit more.