1/2 medium Onion, cut into wedges 1 medium Pepper, hot chili, red, cut into rings 3 slices Bacon 1 tsp Garlic powder, or garlic grated 4 medium Mushroom, cut into halves 1 tbsp Pine nuts 2 cups Lettuce, torn or cut into strips 1 tbsp Olive oiil 2 tbsp Red wine vinegar Splenda to taste..maybe a tsp
A nice source of protein. Light side as a starter, or a nice main.
1. Heat oil in pan.
2. Cut the onion and red hot pepper into about 4 wedges, toss into pan browning. Reember, if you do not like heat, desed the peppers. I love the heat. If you used garlic cloves, grate in the galic.
3. Put bacon in the pan. We are going to get it good and crispy. On the top, toss the mushrooms and pine nuts.
4. Put your lettuce on a place. Now, as you see, I used iceberg. You can mix it up, use anything you have. Toss it over the plates.
5. Toss the veggies, and bacon and pine nuts. You want to cook the bacon, and brown the onions. The other veggies will come along fine. Remove from heat. Remove the bacon and shredd or cut into strips. Toss back in the pan.
6. Now, you already have the oil in the bottom of the pan. Toss just a bit of Splenda on the oil. Put the vinegar in the pan tossing all the ingredients to coat. Quickly pour over the lettuce and serve immediately. Do not keep this salad waiting, if your heated bacon and veggie mix cooks the lettuce. Yucky!!! You do not want that. ______________________________________________________________________ Per Serving: 515 Calories; 51 g Fat; 15 g Sat Fat; 38 mg Cholesterol; 421 mg Sodium; 8 g Carb; 2 g Fiber; 8 g Protein.
You can lower the carbs by using dried chilli flakes. Also, do not use as many mushrooms.