3 lb Silverside, (or Corned Beef Brisket) 2 medium Onions, peeled 4 cloves Garlic 4 tbsp Cider Vinegar (Not Malt) 1 Bay Leaf 2 stalks Parsley 1 Celery Leaf 1/2 cup Water
2 tbsp Sour cream 2 tbsp Olive oil 2 tbsp French Mustard Salt and pepper, to taste
1. Pre-heat an oven and stove-proof dish or pot on top of the stove. Cook the joint on all sides for two or three minutes to seal it.
2. Remove, cut the onions in half, stick each half with a clove and place in the pot. Tie the bay leaf, parsley stalks and celery leaf together and put into the pot with roast. Pour in the vinegar, add the water and put the meat on top.
3. Cover and cook slowly in oven at 300F, 150C for two and a half hours.
4. Take the meat out and put it into a warm serving dish, cover with foil and stand for five minutes. discard the herbs and cloves.
5. Serve the mustard sauce with meat.
To Make Mustard Sauce:
1. In a bowl, mix 2 Tbspoons sour cream + 2 Tbspoons French Dijon mustard + 1 Tbspoon olive oil and salt & pepper.
______________________________________________________________________ Per Servings: 352 Calories; 27 g Fat; 8 g Sat Fat; 119 mg Cholesterol; 1364 mg Sodium; 4 g Carb; 0.62 g Fiber; 22 g Protein.