Casserole Dish; Food Processor; grater; Knife; Large Mixing Bowl
12 medium Mushroom, brushed clean and stems removed for stuffing 8 oz Cream cheese, softened (1 brick) 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated 1/4 cup Monterey jack cheese or cheddar, grated 1 tsp Tarragon 1 tsp Garlic powder Salt and pepper, to taste 3 tbsp Butter, cut into little pieces
1. Wipe clean the mushrooms and remove the stems. You need to remove all the stem so the mushroom can be stuffed later.
2. In a bowl or a food processor, mix all the other ingredients. Mix thouroughly.
3. In your casserole pan or a baking pan, place the mushrooms.
4. Using a tablespoon, spoon the cheese mix into each mushroom. Do not be shy, push it in.
5. Add a little knob of butter on each mushroom. If there is left over butter, toss it down between the mushrooms.
6. Put into an oven at 325 F. Cook until the top is browning and the mushrooms are tender to touch. ______________________________________________________________________ Per Serving: 272 Calories; 24 g Fat; 15 g Sat Fat; 75 mg Cholesterol; 330 mg Sodium; 5 g Carb; 0.75 g Fiber; 10 g Protein.
Mix up the mix. You can use dill and lemon. A nice ginger garlic mix with the cheese. Do not limit the mix to above. Have fun! These mushrooms are a dedication recipe to my favorite cousin, Elise Pecor.